Sunday, March 1, 2009

People Suck

I generally like people. I really do. Which is probably a good thing seeing as how I work with the public 45hrs a week. But sometimes, people suck. I mean literally suck all the life and joy out of me. Why do some people have to be such assholes?

I try really hard to ensure that you have a pleasant shopping experience in my store.
I do my damnedest to make sure that you get the help you need. In case ya'll hadn't noticed, we are in hard economic times and companies have to cut expenses where they can. We can either cut back on labour or raise our prices..which would you prefer?

I understand that you are in a hurry and need help and when I tell you I have 2 associates on the floor currently with customers and that they will be with you as soon as possible that it's the best I can do? We're not standing there with our thumbs up our asses.. we're running around trying to help everyone. And no, I can't help you this very second, I'm helping the 3 people ahead of you. And no, when I am at the front of the store greeting you I am 'not doing anything'. I am directing customers where to go, providing security, paging associates to where I see the customers are going, answering the customer service phone, monitoring the cashiers, doing cash pick-ups and getting change. I have the password for over-rides at the tills and I have the keys for the high-ticket lockups. I am also dealing with any and all customer issues/concerns, looking up receipts,looking up stock, booking tech work, helping customers in the self-serve copy area and jumping on cash as a backup cashier.

I have a labour budget to meet every week. it's my JOB to meet my targets. Don't you think I'd schedule a shwack-load of people if I could? Cursing me out in front of my staff and customers does not get you better service. And yes, you are the 30th person today to tell me that I should have more staff on. You can call the customer complaint line at 1-800-EAT-SHIT.

To all you holier-than-thou assholes who treat others like shit...you can lick the sweat of my left nut. {well, I really don't have nuts but you get the idea}

Why is it that all you remember at the end of the day is all the shitty people? I had some great customers today, had some fun with them and made them happy. But it's the handful of ass-wipes that ruin your day.

Can you tell I had a crappy day at work? LOL! I really need to stop caring so much.
It's only a job right?


Kiss my Butt!!

3 comments:

  1. Some people are just assholes. After 10 years in the restaurant/bar industry, I can tell you that they are everywhere. I always try to think how bad their life must be that they need to be shitty to people who haven't done anything wrong, instead of tearing their head off, which is what I'd rather do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked retail for over 10 years. I still shudder and wake up in a cold sweat sometimes. I hated Christmas until I was about 5 to 6 years out of the business.
    I still HATE shopping when it is crowded with all the browsers and chatters.
    ugh. people.
    I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I sooooo get this ... you need to come to the rant club :) le

    ReplyDelete